The fund’s investment strategy is to invest in a diverse portfolio of EIS qualifying investments in selected technology or technology-enabled companies.
Strategy: Exposure to a portfolio of technology or technology-enabled companies.
Track record: Only a small number of exits to date, but the unrealised figures show some promise.
The Investment Manager
Team: The team is small, but experienced in a wide variety of areas in financial services.
Key person: Dominic Ward is a key person for the fund. While he is committed, he is not an Eden Rock partner/employee.
Nuts & Bolts
- Duration: The fund is intended to be evergreen, with closings as required.
- Diversification: The manager expects to provide at least six EIS investments in the fund, with some SEIS exposure if available.
- Valuation: Reviewed twice a year, with updates on progress being sent quarterly.
- Fees: Direct fees only, but the aggregate is low for the sector.
- Performance fee: Charged on a portfolio basis at 20% for returns over £1.
- Target returns: The target return of tripling capital suggests a high-risk investment strategy.
- Companies: Supplying risk capital to early-stage technology companies at the start of commercialisation. There will be a spread of company returns, as the successful investments will do very well, but those that fail may do so completely.
Download the full report